Stand up paddle boarding is rapidly gaining in popularity around the world, because it’s a fun sport, it’s easy to learn, and it’s also a great workout. Purchasing your first stand up paddle board (SUP) can be a little challenging, because there are just so many types of them. This top 10 stand up paddle boards review, will help you out, by first showing you the things to look out for, and then presenting you with a list of the top 10 Paddle Boards in 2022.
- 1 10. Vilano Navigator Inflatable 10-ft. Stand Up Paddle Board Set
- 2 9. Sportstuff Adventure 10-ft. Stand Up Paddle Board Package
- 3 8. iRocker Cruiser Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Package
- 4 7. XTerra Boards 10-ft. Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Premium SUP Bundle
- 5 6. ISLE Surf and SUP Inflatable 10-ft. Stand Up Paddle Board
- 6 5. Ten Toes Board Emporium Inflatable Weekender Stand Up Paddle Board
- 7 4. Thurso Surf 11-ft. Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
- 8 3. ISLE Surf and SUP 10.5-ft. Versa Epoxy Stand Up Paddle Board
- 9 2. Keeper Sports Classic 10.5-ft. Stand Up Paddle Board Package
- 10 1. Tower Paddle Boards inflatable Adventurer 9-ft. SUP Package
Stand Up Paddle Boards Buying Guide in 2022
Following are the most important aspects to look out for in a SUP. By understanding each point and how important it is, you will be able to make the best possible choice of a stand up paddle board.
– Type & Intended Use:
There are many different stand up paddle board shapes and sizes. Their differences make them better for one particular use or the other. There are surfing boards, all-round, fishing, racing, recreational and yoga boards. Each of the boards has specific design characteristics that make it different and well suited for the activity. So, your first step is to decide on what you will be mostly using your board for.
– Size & Weight Capacity:
A stand up paddle board rides best on water when it is properly floating. This makes it easy to paddle and a fun activity in general. Every SUP has a maximum weight rating for this reason. This rating is determined by the boards length and its width. The longer and wider it is, the higher the weight rating. Also consider if you will be riding with fishing gear, for example, or a companion.
– Solid vs Inflatable Boards:
After deciding on board type and size, another major step is to choose between solid and inflatable boards. Solid boards offer better performance and speed. They are therefore perfect for experts. Inflatable boards on the other hand, are easier to store and transport, because they can be deflated to the size of a backpack. They also work great for first-timers.
– Fins & Extras:
Depending on your intended use for the board, you might need a board with a single, double or triple fin configuration. Other extras include fishing rod holders, bungee straps, seats, a wet-suit, and a board leash.
The Vilano Navigator complete set includes the 10-ft. Navigator board, a pump with pressure gauge, a removable fin, carry bag, 3-piece aluminum paddle and a shoulder strap for carrying the inflated board. Made of high-quality PVC, and 6 inches high, this board is very rigid and durable. It is 10-ft. long and 31 inches wide, and will also shrink to a 1-ft. diameter when completely deflated. It also features D-rings, bungee straps on the front deck, and a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, covering both the board’s workmanship and its material.
- Pros: Available in 2 colors, 6-inch height, complete package, 1-year warranty.
- Cons: Colors are a bit boring.
9. Sportstuff Adventure 10-ft. Stand Up Paddle Board Package
The Adventure 10-ft. stand up paddle board from Sportstuff is very brightly and fun colored. With a maximum rated weight capacity of 250 lbs., the board package includes a high-pressure hand pump, a valve wrench, pressure gauge, a removable seat, tow rings made of stainless steel, a fin and a board leash. There is also a paddle with an adjustable length, and a mesh backpack for both transportation and storage. The board is 10-ft. 6in. long, 30 inches wide, 4 inches high and weighs just 27 lbs.
- Pros: 10-ft. length, 250 lbs. maximum weight, complete package.
- Cons: N/A
8. iRocker Cruiser Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Package
Featuring a 6-inch height, the iRocker Cruiser inflatable board can get really rigid and stable when fully inflated to a 15 PSI pressure. The board is 10 ft. long and 33 inches wide. It comes in a complete package, which includes a 3-piece fiberglass paddle, a high capacity hand pump, a very comfortable backpack, and an ankle leash. The fiberglass paddle is only half the weight of an aluminum paddle, plus it is adjustable. The board also features bungee straps on the front deck, it is rated at a maximum weight of 350 lbs. (158 kg) and iRocker backs it with a 2-year warranty.
- Pros: Very rigid and stable with its 6 inches height, complete package, 2-year warranty.
- Cons: N/A
7. XTerra Boards 10-ft. Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Premium SUP Bundle
Perfect for both beginners and veterans alike, this XTerra board offers military grade quality. With 6 inches of board height, it is stable, rugged and durable. Its adjustable paddle allows paddlers to adjust it to their height. This paddle board weighs just 29 lbs., but it has a maximum weight rating of 250 lbs. (113 kg). It comes with an easy to use the air pump, a backpack for transporting it, an ankle leash, and a removable fin. The board is 10 ft. long and 30 inches wide. XTerra backs it up with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
- Pros: Complete package, lovely red color, 48% discount, 1-year warranty.
- Cons: N/A
6. ISLE Surf and SUP Inflatable 10-ft. Stand Up Paddle Board
ISLE Surf and SUP’s inflatable 10-ft. board comes with a truly lovely artwork, and it is also available in the 3 colors of blue, white and aqua. Made from a military grade PVC material, and measuring 10 ft. by 30 inches by 6 inches, this board is stable, rigid and durable. It is a great all-around board that works well for riders of all skill levels. The board weighs just 23 lbs., but it can support a maximum weight of 300 lbs. The package includes a pump, coil leash, a paddle and a backpack. It is backed by a 30-day money back guarantee, and a 1-year warranty.
- Pros: Nice design, available in 3 colors, 6-inch height, 1-year warranty.
- Cons: N/A
5. Ten Toes Board Emporium Inflatable Weekender Stand Up Paddle Board
If you are looking for a very stable inflatable SUP for people at different boarding skill levels, then also take a closer look at this one. It is made of military grade PVC, making it very rigid when inflated, as well as almost indestructible. It measures 10 ft. in length by 30 inches in width, with 6 inches of height. When deflated and rolled together, it gets as small as an 11×36-inch package, perfect for transport. Ten Toes also backs it with a 2-year guarantee.
- Pros: Available in 6 colors, 250 lbs. weight limit, military grade PVC, 2-year warranty.
- Cons: The artwork could be more inspiring.
4. Thurso Surf 11-ft. Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
Thurso Surf’s package comes complete with everything you need to get going. It includes the 11-ft. long x 32 inches wide x 6 inches high board, a carbon shaft paddle, 1 fin, traction pads, bungee straps for your belongings, a hand pump, 1 easy carry handle and a storage bag. There is a lovely wood stripe top coating on the board, which makes it very lovely. It is lightweight and backed by a 2-year warranty.
- Pros: Lightweight, military-grade PVC, 2-year warranty, complete set.
- Cons: N/A
3. ISLE Surf and SUP 10.5-ft. Versa Epoxy Stand Up Paddle Board
This solid stand up paddle board from ISLE Surf and SUP is made using an epoxy technology, which makes the board very tough and durable. It includes a comfort groove handle to make it easier to carry. Its dimensions are 10.5 ft. length x 32 inches width x 4.5 inches height. As well as being available in 3 colors, this board is backed by a 30-day money back guarantee, and an 180-day warranty. Accessories include a removable travel fin and an adjustable paddle.
- Pros: Solid epoxy board, very durable, includes fin, paddle with the adjustable shaft and nylon blade.
- Cons: N/A
2. Keeper Sports Classic 10.5-ft. Stand Up Paddle Board Package
This SUP is made from a high-density EPS foam, which has a 100% waterproof core. There are 3 layers of laminated wood stringers, which are then coated with waterproof resin for maximum protection. The EPS core is heat laminated, while the Polypropylene bottom is heat laminated as well. There is a heat laminated IXPE/XPE top deck, which includes lovely graphics. The complete package includes a surf leash, an ankle strap, and an adjustable paddle. The board weighs just 25 lbs. but it can support weights up to 300 lbs.
- Pros: Solid board from high-density foam, camera mount, waterproof, 300 lbs. max weight.
- Cons: N/A
1. Tower Paddle Boards inflatable Adventurer 9-ft. SUP Package
Made from extremely durable military grade PVC material, the Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer board feels very similar to a solid board. At just 9 ft. in length, this board is stiff and ready to go at an inflation level of just 10 psi, although it can still go all the way to 15 psi. It comes with a hand pump and a 3-piece and adjustable fiberglass paddle. It is rated at up to 350 lbs., and backed by a 2-year manufacturer warranty. Moreover, it is currently available at a 51% discount.
- Pros: Very rigid board, military grade PVC, 2-year warranty, 51% discount.
- Cons: N/A
We have come to the end of this top 10 stand up paddle boards review for 2017. You have seen the variety, the designs, technologies, accessories and fashionable backpacks, and now, it is your turn to make a choice. We have revealed our number #1 recommendation to you, but feel free to choose a hard board or even another inflatable board, as you may desire.