Nowadays, solar flood lights are promising technological advancements to mankind. The mere fact that the source is the renewable and clean source of energy greatly made its name in the community. As a matter of fact, solar flood lights are just a few of the amazing innovations as they serve a wide range of purposes at a minimal expense.
Flood lights are normally used to accentuate the home’s features. As a matter of fact, traditional spotlights were previously used to illuminate fixtures and other masterpieces during events. However, many homeowners shy away from this option because it’s quite expensive to operate. This makes Solar Flood Lights to be a great choice for most homeowners.
- 10. MicroSolar Natural White Solar Flood Light
- 9. BIZLANDER Outdoor Waterproof 108 LED Solar Spot Flood Light
- 8. Outdoor Solar Lights, HUANLEMAI Solar Flood Light
- 7. LTE 60 LED Solar Lights
- 6. W-LITE 20W Super Bright Solar Motion Sensor Flood Lights
- 5. Solar Powered Outdoor Waterproof Security Light by DINHAND
- 4. MicroSolar – NATURAL WHITE Solar Flood Light
- 3. Maxsa 40330 Solar-Powered 10 Hour Floodlight
- 2. MicroSolar 120 LED IP65 Solar Flood Light
- 1. Findyouled Solar Flood lights Outdoor Landscape Lighting
What To Look For When Buying The Best Solar Flood Lights
When it comes to selecting the best solar flood lights, there are a few factors that ought to be considered. We’ve therefore compiled a list of some factors to take into consideration when looking for the best solar flood lights:
1. Area of illumination
The first thing that you should to consider is the place where you plan to be using a solar flood light to illuminate. The region that you need to illuminate usually determines the type of floodlight that you can choose. This also determines the requirements of brightness and durability.
2. Types of lights
There are many types of solar flood lights on the market that you can pick from, including security, all-in-one, landscape, motion sensor ones and the external solar flood lights. As such, you should look at the type of lights before choosing one that will meet your needs.
3. Light Level
You should choose a solar flood light that’s bright enough. As such, the amount of light that a flood light can produce matters a lot. For instance, if the flood light that you choose can’t cover an entire lawn, you might have to buy an additional one.
The durability of your solar flood lights is also of great importance. Solar flood lights designed to mount on the outside ought to have a higher durability and quality than the other universal flood lights. In case you need a quality one, you should choose a weather-proof model with a metal casing and durable light screen.
10. MicroSolar Natural White Solar Flood Light
This solar flood light features an IP65 rating both for the solar panel and flood light. As such, it can be installed and also used outdoors throughout the year. It can also last in any weather condition. In addition, the manufacturer MicroSolar backs the flood light with a one-year warranty.
This flood light features 120 remarkably bright LED diodes, 4000 mAh battery providing up to ten (10) hours of illumination, a photosensor, high quality 10 Watts polycrystalline solar panel; all sealed in the fully waterproof IP65 aluminum casing. The model offers excellent specs for an affordable price.
- Huge sensor range
- Illuminates a relatively large area
- It has long-lasting bulbs
- Some units usually have malfunctioning sensors
- Only works with a few LED bulbs
9. BIZLANDER Outdoor Waterproof 108 LED Solar Spot Flood Light
This is a solar flood light with simplicity design that provides extra benefits to your home as well as outdoor lighting needs. It is completely run by solar and the model is powered by 7.4V 4400mAH rechargeable battery. The solar panel will certainly save you cost on electricity bills in the long run. With great brightness and minimal maintenance, this means that you can place this flood light on an area that you want it on each night.
It’s built-in with the light and it comes pre- charged. You can therefore turn on and use this light straight away. The installation process is easy; simply join its power cord between the light and solar panel, you can mount the light on a wide range of surfaces such as brick, timber or even on a weather board.
- It’s surprisingly bright
- The solar panel will allow for mounting in full sun
- Motion sensing feature works effectively
- It’s quite pricey
8. Outdoor Solar Lights, HUANLEMAI Solar Flood Light
To be a great dusk to dawn solar flood light, a lighting fixture should hit various points. It should be able to offer illumination throughout the night long. The lighting fixture should also be bright so that it can be used either as security or landscape light. The light that has done the best job at filling all these requirements is HUANLEMAI Solar Flood Light.
There’s always competition when selecting the best dusk-to-dawn solar flood light, but there are no doubts about this solar flood light model.
- Low-cost solar flood light model
- Very bright
- It requires a dedicated circuit
- The sensor sometimes fails to register any motion
7. LTE 60 LED Solar Lights
Solar lights usually provide welcome light while at the same time beautifying your home without the need for extra electrical wiring. These lights can give you good lighting for the walkway, aim focus toward prized features of your water garden or lawn, and provide outdoor lighting on the patio for evenings outside.
The LTE 60 LED Solar Lights is one of the best indoors LED Motion spotlights. The model comes with a built-in (PIR) sensor for detecting light and motion. The flood light provides bright light when the motion is detected in the dark room. Bathrooms, bedrooms, corridors, parking areas and offices are the best places to fix this motion sensor for security purposes. The 60 Watt LED bulbs are replaceable and they can last for many years.
- The light sensor is sensitive and great
- The light is very strong
- The housing is also strong
- Could be better if cable was longer
- A bit pricey as compared to other similar product
6. W-LITE 20W Super Bright Solar Motion Sensor Flood Lights
If you want 20W daylight white lights, then these LED lights shall be of optimum use. The lights come together with advanced features such as motion sensor and the resistance to water. In addition, they are manufactured by a reputable brand and is known as one of the most popular products in the market today.
Apart from the 18-months warranty, you’ll also get great customer service just in case of any malfunctioning. You can also use these lights both in the outdoor and indoor areas of your office or apartment.
- Great bargain for such a low price
- This W-LITE 20W LED fixture is very bright
- Uses less power than the traditional lights
- There’s no way for mounting it to a standard electrical work box
- It’s not waterproof
5. Solar Powered Outdoor Waterproof Security Light by DINHAND
If you want an affordable solar flood light, then you can always choose this model. This model is designed to be durable and waterproof. With 28 super-bright LED bulbs, the light can offer you lighting from dusk till dawn if it’s fully charged. As such, you can buy more for your shed, garden, garage, road or remote cottage. After properly installing it, you have to turn it on just by pressing its switch.
Even the price is quite higher than others, its performance and quality make it more competitive than the other solar flood light models.
- Easy to install and also secure in its placement
- The light is waterproof
- It also has a long lasting battery
- Some people usually find the lights to be a bit dim
4. MicroSolar – NATURAL WHITE Solar Flood Light
This microsolar spotlight package features 2 items, the flood light and a solar panel; both comes separately. The model is built with plastic materials but it’s still sturdy. Place the light at your desired location and then put the panel at different locations. However, it is important to note that it should be within five (5) meters of where you’re planning to have the flood light. The cord should be lengthy enough so as to cover a wide area.
One of the important aspects that you should consider when choosing the best flood light is the range of applications for the light and this model will certainly cover a wide area. This light also comes with four ground strokes and adjustable wall mount so that you can install it either on the wall and then use it as a security light or even place it on the ground and then use it as a landscape light.
- Top-notch build quality
- They’re very bright thanks to new LEDs that are powerful
- Battery life is also exceptional
- Instructions on settings are not very good
3. Maxsa 40330 Solar-Powered 10 Hour Floodlight
The Maxsa 40330 flood light illuminates signs, house numbers, flags, statuary, landscape features, driveways, porches, walkways, decks, yards, sheds or any other large outdoor area. The 12-high-efficiency and super-bright LED bulbs usually use a fraction of the power used by a normal bulb thus lasting virtually forever, without any utility charges.
The model also features durable metal construction together with sealed lens and it’s completely weatherproof which makes this unit a perfect option for any season or climate.
It can be easily installed in most locations using just a screwdriver. There’s no wiring or electrician required.
- Easy Installation process
- LEDs bulbs can produce over 330 lumens
- The weather proof IP-44 ratings mean it will last in any weather
- Low capacity battery
2. MicroSolar 120 LED IP65 Solar Flood Light
This is certainly one of the best solar flood lights and it comes with up to 120 LED bulbs that can emit up to 500 lumens of light. As such, the brightness is perfect for any environment. Generally, when the battery has been fully charged by during the day, it’s able to provide up to 8-12 hours of lighting daily. The battery is of high quality and it does not have to be replaced within 2 years.
The solar panel also has a power rating of 10 watts. It is constructed by aluminum and it’s designed to be lightweight. In addition, you can mount the model on the ground or even on the wall.
- The solar flood light is affordable
- Offers up to 270 degrees of maximum lighting angles
- Easy installation you don’t require any wire or cable
- Light might be a little bit dim in winters
1. Findyouled Solar Flood lights Outdoor Landscape Lighting
This is a powerful and affordable outdoor LED flood light. The outdoor spotlight is also one of the most efficient options. In case you choose expert installation, it might be best to wait till you are ready to buy a bulk order of the LED lights. Once you’ve got these lights installed and setup well, adding more lights will be relatively easy.
However, you will have to purchase a control box and the wires separately. This is just one of the drawbacks of picking this flood light. The installation process isn’t easy.
- The light is very strong
- The housings are also strong
- The battery lasts for a long period of time
- Has a fairly short cable
Solar flood lights are usually much brighter as compared to the other types of lights. In addition, their price is quite low when compared to the other models. If you actually need much brighter illumination, then the above models are the best choices. The above models can satisfy all your requirements on brightness. If you’re looking for the best solar flood lights, then our review can help you to make quick decisions.